Friday, September 7, 2012

Purpose

I love my life as a seminary student.  I enjoy constantly being in the thick of theological, philosophical, and biblical studies discussion and study.  I am lucky enough to be married to a wonderful woman who is also a seminary student, which means I usually have someone to bounce ideas off even when I am not in class.  Unfortunately, she too has a limit of how much of my musings she wants to hear at any one time.  The overflow is being diverted to the readers of this blog and/or the abyss that is the internet.  That is not to say that my posts will be limited to academic reflections.  I am a firm believer that if the academic insights of a seminary student do not translate to reflection in other areas of a student's life there is a problem.  As a result, I hope to post about less academic topics as well as about the lighter things in life.

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while, but I wasn't sure if I had the motivation regularly post.  I'm still not sure, but I intend to post weekly.  Not that there is a vast audience anxiously awaiting my posts...  At any rate, I hope there will be some readers as my reason for posting is not to spew, but begin discussion.

2 comments:

  1. Theistic evolution vs. creationism -- what is taught in seminary? Ready, set, go! --km

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working on a post that has to do with Genesis in general. It should be up soon!

    ReplyDelete